"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Three Daughters

My 20-something daughters are so interesting.... I'm going to introduce/re-introduce their blogs/websites.

My Photo
 Christina and Throwfishatbear.blogspot.com
She's living in LA and trying to get into screenwriting and/or TV promotion - working for peanuts now (well actually she doesn't even get any peanuts) but hoping for a real job soon... she has three different unpaid, part-time internships, one at a film production company, one blogging about TV shows, one at an Anime company doing their website and also evaluates scripts for another company. 





Colleen makes costumes ranging from Phantom of the Opera to Star Wars and even doll costumes - see them on her website. She belongs to the Rebel Legion and appears at various charity and other events in costume. Her job is that she and I have a business together - The Preemie Store at preemie.com and she is graduate school and is fluent in German. 



Katie does not blog or have a website - not time for that -  she's a third year medical student at USC's Keck School of Medicine. Very proud of her for living her dream of medical school AND living in Southern California! Note the palm trees, blue sky and beach in the background...





And Bill and I - not so interesting but we did get talked into attending Celebration V in Orlando this August - that's the big Star Wars Con and yes, we are going in costume.... more on that later when I get costumes made... oh, and I write my clever blog and occasionally consult on screenplay ideas or sewing/costume questions.... just playing the mom supporting role. My new favorite quote - "a mom is only as happy as her least happy child" - so there's a job (helping them be happy) that goes on one's whole life....

No comments: