"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Friday, June 18, 2010

Timeless place

Something about being here just peels away the years. Sitting outside on the lawn I can smell the grass, the sun warming the wood siding, hear the wind in the trees, the quiet lap of the water, the occasional call of loons and I could be 20 years old again waiting until Mom makes dinner or until it's time to go to work at a nearby restaurant. I can even believe that I won't be stiff lying here with my almost 60 yr old body and that when I go to get up it won't be a struggle at all.

Here is the view from where I am, once again young and carefree -













Or maybe I'm 35 and have small children taking naps beside me, not as carefree but when my biggest cares were their small ones, hunger, wet diapers, wanting to go in the water NOW. So much easier then when just getting up playing in the sand or water solved so much.



But it is 2010, the children are all adults and working today. It's a Thursday and I love Thursday here - almost no one is here so the beach, the dock, the lawn are mine. It's so quiet I can only hear the wind or loons, no people, no boats, few cars. I love it, as much as I love the memories of many, many earlier times here - 40 years of them.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: