"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Saturday, August 7, 2010

younger me

Stting an my desk today, I noticed my husband lounging in bed (about to take a nap). Much younger me (even including 50 year old me) pictured jumping up, running over and leaping on the bed. In reality, 60 year old me thought about it, rose slowly, limped slightly to the bed, and eased myself on it, hoping he would not make any sudden moves that would make my back spasm.... really don't need those memories of younger me sometimes...  I remember my mom (at about age 60) suddenly seeming like an "old woman" in how she walked and acted and I hated it, thinking she just was acting that way on purpose. What it was, I realize, is that I did not want her to be old and I hated the reminder. She must have too.... so mom, if you can somehow see this, sorry for those thoughts!

No comments: