"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Monday, June 22, 2009

still around but way behind

Oh, so far behind here - I think I skipped our whole trip to California, daughter Christina's graduation, all the trauma in our cattery this spring, Katie's visit home and the new addition to the family (a dog).

So, will be doing some current stuff, some catching up.

Biggest current story is dog - trying to name him, dragging myself up at 5AM when he cries to go out, rescuing shoes and other non-chew-toy items from him. I'm walking LOTS more, he's a great exercise program, but I'm tired and don't get as much other stuff done as I should... This big boy is still somewhat of a puppy -  still full of energy, needing to chew a LOT with a very big mouth and still being housetrained...

Yes, its enough to make you wonder WHY you wanted a dog. But on the other hand, he's a very nice dog and will be some company and eventually even protection when I'm home alone. I guess I'm never home alone with a bunch of cats and kittens but that's another story coming soon. 

No comments: