"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just a Perfect Day

Woke to a foggy morning sunrise, with the maybe 15% of leaves that have changed to fall colors brightly catching the warm rays of the sun through the bluish fog.  Out on the docks a heron surveyed its domain until I got too close...






Time to walk the dog - up the small hill behind the condo where I took a lot of pictures for a previous post this summer. Everything is quieter now - Riley did not run out to greet Gandalf, no other dogs barked at our passing by, few cars around to tell us others were up here enjoying the first days of fall

I went to do the dirty laundry we brought along - up here its almost fun to do.  Walking back from the laundry I saw the one other car in sight at our condo building drive by. I waved but I'm not sure who they are, so many people have changed, but I remember well who used to own that condo for many years.  As they drove by I realized that in my mind they were seeing me as the young person I was when I spent the whole summer up here, I could imagine I was walking back from the mailboxes where I checked several times a day for letters from friends - there were no cell phones, or blogs, and no email or texting to keep in touch. I realized that sometimes up here I still feel like I could be that young person so I will put off the promised thoughts on being 59 years old for another, less perfect day.

The sunshine is absolute, no clouds, clean slightly crisp air, bright blue sky, just a slight breeze and a touch of fall colors - a day suspended between very warm, busy summer and fall's glorious color and chill which will move us towards winter. So few people are around now it seems like the day is all mine. Except that I shared it with you.





No comments: