"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life at the Lake

Ok, its not quite a perfect life - my arm is STILL hurting me from when I broke it - muscle spasms in my back and soreness in the muscles in the upper arm as I try to regain strength. Talked to my brother about it since he broke his arm many years ago (in his 20's) in the same place. Not helpful to hear that he doesn't remember it hurting, only that darn old Dad wouldn't let him go waterskiing until it was completely healed. And when your dad is a radiologist he can just go take another xray to prove its not quite there.... Was it just that much easier (less painful) to heal at that age or does memory fade? I hope its both.... gives me an excuse and I really want this memory to fade.

It doesn't always hurt though and we've had a beautiful time at the lake. Nothing to DO so that's easy at least. I do my exercises for the arm, go for long walks with the dog, read, practice photography, go out to eat every night, and just relax. Do I want to go home? Not so much.

Long walks - we found some paths through the woods that went for miles.




Watched Notre Dame beat Purdue in a last minute win....

One morning it looked like bad weather - windy and clouds coming up with the wind bringing moisture right up over the water.
 

But in an hour or so it was back to gorgeous - the only rain came at night.




But all good things have to end and we will go back either Monday night or Tuesday.

No comments: