"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another new bird!

I'm sure this can't keep up but I only photographed 2-3 birds today - a blue jay and another one that I couldn't see well enough to identify. Skipped doing a few chickadees but I saw one that seemed different with the yellow on its head and reddish brown streak on its sides. It took awhile to identify too - still learning the terms for various parts of the head and body.... but

its a Chestnut-sided Warbler

and here's the Blue Jay - 



in the top pictures he was picking up twigs and grass for a nest - saw robins doing that too so I'm going to put out some dog  and cat hair.

And a tiny maple tree trying to survive - sorry though, its on the edge of my flower bed so its going to go.....


 and last you can see the Big Dog watching from the door


No comments: