"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Saturday, May 7, 2011

waiting for birds

It was just beautiful today - about 65 degrees and sunny by the time I got out to have my coffee on the patio.  The birds are a little shy of coming near I think when I'm there but hopefully they'll get used to it.

Just for Colleen - bleeding hearts - I put them over near where the cross is.
one of my new squirrel feeders

out with the old - old flower remains from last year on a hosta plant

and in with the new - two I planted today


and another plant - aren't they gorgeous leaves!


So finally a couple of birds came close enough to photograph.... 



It was just beautiful sitting out there - with the usual neighborhood sounds - cars driving by, blower moving leaves, someone cleaning a pool - or I might have been able to totally feel like I was out in a nature setting.... my little nature spot is pretty nice though! Here are the results so far of the two areas Colleen and I started last year and I am working on more this year.

No comments: