"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Friday, October 17, 2008

Balance


I tried to find something witty or something meaningful to use as my title or my URL - and was just amazed at how many things were taken!! And also how many had signed up, done one entry and months or years later still had never gone back to it.

My real inspiration for doing this was a feeling of needing to sort things out in my life....getting my life in order I guess. And when I read the quote by John Paul II, someone I very much admired, it really was very meaningful to me. It is the fine line we walk in trying to be good people, to be God's people, to do right, to do well, to help others, to live as we should, to be happy. How to balance all that? Seemed easier when there was a tougher balancing job in some ways. The things I worried about then were much more daily needs - feeding kids, changing diapers, driving to piano lessons, making dinner, paying bills, making sure homework was done, budgeting what we could afford.

Now I feel like I really need all my ducks in a row....just getting through the day and filling up myself with things I want or fancy is maybe not enough. I'm going to try not to keep dwelling on age and death but more just a sense of setting my life in the right path now that the guidelines are less clear and and daily chores less demanding.

No comments: