"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall



The fall weather always makes me think of life going by - faster and faster these years. Its like trying to hold liquid in your hands, it just slips quickly through no matter what you do.

And being in my 50s makes me think of how uncertain life is - a few contemporaries have died, and even though most people live at least another 20 years past this age, there is no longer that strong knowledge that the young have that you have LOTS of, almost endless time still. It reminds me of when I was in college - four set years. After the first year, it was a little hard to believe a year had gone by but it was a full and eventful year and there were still three more! YAY! Each year it got harder but the end of junior year, it was time to panic. So quickly three years had passed and only one left..... I feel like that's where I am now in life....on the last step.

And my children are all already older than junior year in college. How could two of them have graduated from college three years ago now?

No comments: