"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Politics

I've had such a down feeling about this whole election year. Sure, its great to have the possibility of historical events - first black (or even half-black) man to run for president, first woman to almost be nominated, 2nd woman to run for vice president, a man running for president that I wished had won the nomination 8 years ago....but just not happy with any of them. I was actually thinking of not voting for the first time since I was 21.

For years I've always said I favored the Libertarian party but never really put my money or vote where my mouth and mind were. Today I did. I registered with the Libertarian party and donated.... Now I'm going to vote and be happy about it! Bob Barr is not perfect, but at least his party says what I believe in.... and its making me smile all day.... that's priceless. :)

No comments: