"Everyone knows the more you wear pearls, little by little they become real....And isn't it the same with memories?" - The Madwoman of Chaillot

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall - clinging to it


It's like waking up and saying, "wow I lived to see another day" - the sun is out, the sky is blue, the leaves are still colorful and on the trees - ok, some of them are.... Its going to be in the 60's for a few days! Fall is still with us, and holding on! Knowing winter is coming makes it all the more precious. Every day I wake up and see that Fall has lived to see another day - I feel happy, can't regret summer's passing when Fall is so beautiful and cooperative....

The first snow will be fun too but it then brings the long winter. I thought seriously lately of moving away from here when we retire - and still could do that. But right now I think this is not so bad. I can handle winter and at least the threatened global warming won't make it intolerably hot here....and its a kind, wonderful state, and I know everything about it, and besides it's me.... Familiar is good too.

The last days of fall...

No comments: